PDA

View Full Version : The Ideal Man

Siara
08-27-2011, 05:00 AM
http://www.artagogo.com/reviews/florence/david.jpg

:yokie_41:What is the ideal man? If you answer, think about the following questions:
- What does the ideal man look like? (How tall, proportions, amount of hair, penis size, his face, etc)
- Does the ideal man exist?
- What kind of personality makes him ideal?
- What kind of life does he lead?
- What are his virtues?
- What are his talents?
- What is the opposite of the ideal man? (think about the same criteria as the ideal man)
- What about this man?
- Does every man have to work towards that ideal? And where does the ideal have to make way for the real man?

This question is meant for both genders.

BleachOD
08-27-2011, 05:12 AM
I think the "ideal man" is just that an ideal

Which is something no man can live up to. Because it's an ideal and people are rarely perfect. If you have an ideal man then every man you meet will fall short of that ideal. You can look for certain qualities but if you start looking for "your ideal" you will never find him because that's a fantasy and reality is quite different

I don't have an ideal...I like different men for different reasons

ThatAss
08-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Well, the ideal man will vary from person to person and sometimes our ideals aren't really what would really be ideal for us.

I'm not going to go as far into it as you want, but... I'll give a vague description I guess...

Body like a male model, hairless body, tall-ish, big penis (8in-11in), face... Like George Clooney, lol.

face:
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/g/george_clooney-4062.jpg

http://www.nbc.com/ER/images/wherearetheynow/george_clooney.jpg
body:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vJJWmzKz0Gw/SkKoler33tI/AAAAAAAAA6k/vAnWY2J3DDU/s400/Ryan_Reynolds_Blade3+Photo.jpg

It's hard to describe a personality...

Smart, charismatic, confident, suave, funny, amazing voice, adventurous.

Does the ideal man exist?

Nobody is ever as perfect as we imagine them. But, I think so, yes. At least, for me it was. I've met the perfect guy, he's to this day still the only one I have ever loved. He wanted to marry me, and have children. I couldn't accept his offer at the time. He wanted more, and I couldn't... I wanted to, but I knew that I couldn't. Unfortunately, things didn't work out because of my family and my responsibilities to them... He's unobtainable to me now. He's married to another woman and has a child with her.

...maybe some day. I do still love him. I always will, I think. If only things had been different... Oh well. Life goes on.

Anyways, to answer your question... Yes, I think our ideal men do exist. They're just very rare and very hard to obtain and even harder to keep.

*sigh* This has been awfully depressing... let's see if I can finish this...

There is no difference between a "real man" and an "ideal man." The only difference is another person's perspective. What is an ideal man to one, may be just another random guy to someone else, it may even be you. Every man is some girl's ideal man. A man should never have to change to be someone's ideal. The reason it's like that is because men are also looking for the ideal woman, and their ideal woman's idea of an ideal man may be different from what they are.

Stars just have to align, that's all. Sometimes one has to settle, and while one gets their ideal partner, the other just settled for someone else because they couldn't get the one they wanted. So many people do this... I decided a long time ago I never would. But, that is one way one can have their ideal man, or ideal woman, even if they themselves aren't ideal even to their partner.

We don't need to change though. We're perfect. Just embrace who you are. Everything else will fall into place.

Cycona
08-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Huh,
ill tell you what is the ideal man :)
For girls between (14-20) the ideal man is the one who is so handsome, bad boy, intresting mysterious and all that kind of stuff
for girls between (20-100:) ) is the one who love her, and will marry her and will be there for her and take care of her
why because girls are like this,
now they be so picky and stuff but after they are older they will be afraid that they will never get married
so they will look for that innocent guy who is so shy and stuff :)
The Reality
PS: it's just one opinion :)

BleachOD
08-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Well, the ideal man will vary from person to person and sometimes our ideals aren't really what would really be ideal for us.

I'm not going to go as far into it as you want, but... I'll give a vague description I guess...

Body like a male model, hairless body, tall-ish, big penis (8in-11in), face... Like George Clooney, lol.

face:
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/g/george_clooney-4062.jpg

http://www.nbc.com/ER/images/wherearetheynow/george_clooney.jpg
body:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vJJWmzKz0Gw/SkKoler33tI/AAAAAAAAA6k/vAnWY2J3DDU/s400/Ryan_Reynolds_Blade3+Photo.jpg

It's hard to describe a personality...

Smart, charismatic, confident, suave, funny, amazing voice, adventurous..

First I gotta say...I like ThatASS :kaiasu03:

Second thing I have to say is I APPROVE OF YOUR FACE AND BODY TYPE :bingo:

Nobody is ever as perfect as we imagine them. But, I think so, yes. At least, for me it was. I've met the perfect guy, he's to this day still the only one I have ever loved. He wanted to marry me, and have children. I couldn't accept his offer at the time. He wanted more, and I couldn't... I wanted to, but I knew that I couldn't. Unfortunately, things didn't work out because of my family and my responsibilities to them... He's unobtainable to me now. He's married to another woman and has a child with her.

...maybe some day. I do still love him. I always will, I think. If only things had been different... Oh well. Life goes on.

Anyways, to answer your question... Yes, I think our ideal men do exist. They're just very rare and very hard to obtain and even harder to keep.

*sigh* This has been awfully depressing... let's see if I can finish this...

There is no difference between a "real man" and an "ideal man." The only difference is another person's perspective. What is an ideal man to one, may be just another random guy to someone else, it may even be you. Every man is some girl's ideal man. A man should never have to change to be someone's ideal. The reason it's like that is because men are also looking for the ideal woman, and their ideal woman's idea of an ideal man may be different from what they are.

Stars just have to align, that's all. Sometimes one has to settle, and while one gets their ideal partner, the other just settled for someone else because they couldn't get the one they wanted. So many people do this... I decided a long time ago I never would. But, that is one way one can have their ideal man, or ideal woman, even if they themselves aren't ideal even to their partner.

We don't need to change though. We're perfect. Just embrace who you are. Everything else will fall into place.

Third.. I want to say that my heart breaks for you:yociexp61: and this sounds corny but if was meant to be it would happen

Now that you know what love is, I think that you will never let it go when you find love again with someone else

Last but not least, I agree it that it is based on one's perspective...

I believe it's rare that a person meets their ideal and fall in love with them. Now a person whom you love can become your ideal. But I doubt that people have relationships with their ideal person. Because there is no guarantee that your ideal will love you back. When you have an ideal you will compare every potential mate to that ideal...

look at the definitions of ideal...

a conception of something in its perfection.
a standard of perfection or excellence.
a person or thing conceived as embodying such a conception or conforming to such a standard, and taken as a model for imitation: Thomas Jefferson was his ideal.
an ultimate object or aim of endeavor, especially one of high or noble character: He refuses to compromise any of his ideals.
something that exists only in the imagination: To achieve the ideal is almost hopeless.

especially the last one...

No real man or woman can live up to a person's ideal...

You have to love a person for who they are and not what you want them to be...or else shit is going to go to pot

Now if you mean my ideal hot guy...right now it's
Tyler Hochelin :banzai:
:banzai: he's the hottest guy on the planet at the moment
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/Tyler-Hoechlin-tyler-hoechlin-23721704-482-491.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/tumblr_lnizjuP9Fb1qm4hrdo1_500.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/tumblr_lq3e3etY711qm4hrdo1_500.gif

My other ideal men are ...(I say why have just one)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/6a00d83451c17f69e2012876e3c2ae970c-.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/spartacus_blood_and_sand_gallery_20.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Reference%20Pics/boris.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Reference%20Pics/109229_20020513-750-117_jpgd8b0478269375fe23c0b4abeb9436b74.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Avatar/29ysd5d.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Avatar/312ahewcst_6_full.jpg

Akkya
08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
First: Cycona I believe Siara meant more like "for guys what would be your ideal woman"
But that is my guess.

Anyway. OD and ThatAss, those are some nicee 'ideal' body types ;P
But yeah...Truth: There is No ideal Man/woman.

Like OD said, your partner can become someone ideal to you, but still, wont be ideal as in "the perfect one that you have always dreamt of".
At least not if you are the kind that dream with "sexy guy, nice, lovely and etc".
We are humans, we make mistakes.

Yeah, OD said pretty much it all O.o

Sure most the girls/women have an ideal man, but that does not last for long~ Though of course, dreaming sometimes is never bad~ huhuhu x3

Ideal Man? The guy that loves me.
No more nor less~

Cycona
08-27-2011, 01:51 PM
First: Cycona I believe Siara meant more like "for guys what would be your ideal woman"
But that is my guess.

Huh, you serious !!!
It's the world we live in, get over it, this is how really girls think, dosent matter if im a guy or not,
the truth is this
you look for bad boys for passing your teenage, then you look for innocent guy to marry him :)

Akkya
08-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Huh, you serious !!!
It's the world we live in, get over it, this is how really girls think, dosent matter if im a guy or not,
the truth is this
you look for bad boys for passing your teenage, then you look for innocent guy to marry him :)

....Dude, really...I never ever said that I do not agree nor disagree with you O.o o.O
Just said that Siara might be curious about what guys think when it comes to the ideal women.

Oh and to what you said...that is how you would generalize women. And that is SO wrong.
But as you said....its YOUR opinion ^^
Not all look for a "bad boy" when young...and not all look for a "innocent" guy to marry. Yep...

Cycona
08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I didnt say ALL
but over 90% are like that, :)
and i do know, and i do realize that the one who says no and stuff are included to that too,
i think i know girls more then anyone lese for my age :)

PS: im not Dude :)

Akkya
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I didnt say ALL
but over 90% are like that, :)
and i do know, and i do realize that the one who says no and stuff are included to that too,
i think i know girls more then anyone lese for my age :)

PS: im not Dude :)

Sorry, but do not use numbers when you do not have how to prove it. And if you have how to prove, then please share it. ^^

Dunno your age, and really, do not care about it ^^ If you know about girls: Yay for you! :D
Just remember that girls are, like guys, different from each other ^^ We are not all the same.

Oh and...I said "Dude" as in "A dude is an individual, typically male." If you are not a "male" then sorry, the icon by your name made me think you were ^^"

Siara
08-27-2011, 06:06 PM
@ Bleach OD and ThatAss, yep, those are the kinds of posts I want to see!
@ThatAss, best post that I've seen from you, thank you :)
@ Cycona, I'm not interested in your guesses, theories or opinions about how desperate women supposedly become after they are twenty. All I want to read from you is, what you think society thinks of how the man should be. I'm taking about the media, your family, your girlfriend, your friends. Do you think this is fair? or not?
@Akkya: and what about the guy that you love? ;D

I can see that the idea for an ideal man is a difficult subject. What I'm trying to ask of you is:
1. What do you think society expects of men
2. What is the ideal man like in your fantasy
3. Where do your expectations towards the real man differ from fantasy and society's expectations?

As a standard there are two kinds: the ideal man, an example for every man, I mean sth like: manners, etiquette, what people think of as "manly behaviour".
The prototype of what a man looks like. For example: when I open a romance novel, every man has at least sixpack abs, is as tall as a tree, has a strong jawline, very succesful, intelligent, gallant, somehow a genius in bed, has leadership qualities, blah blah blah
The ideal real man: things that you at least expect from men. Something like the standard that is for every man, regardless their looks, status, personality. I'm talking about stuff like values and manners here.

Good luck! ;D

Cycona
08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Lol
who said i have a family or a girlfriend,
and who said im intrested in your opinion about mine :)
and who said im talking to you in the first place, im just answering the Thread not you :)
it's like im assissting suicide, hate not me, hate your weakness :P
its only one opinion as been said :)

Akkya (http://forum.nihonomaru.com/members/akkya-1077677.html)

Uhh, another lost subject :)
ok let me explain as easy as i can
i MAKE the numbers, and i MAKE proofs
what i said is to be heared not to be critisized or answered !!
who said im intrested in you about my age at all !!
:)
sorry if you got me wrong Grandma but its just the truth
studies showed that girls are the same, and the most important you can never trust theme :P

as i said, its my opinion :)

Ginji666
08-27-2011, 08:52 PM
EDIT

YOUR OPINION..?? YOU MEAN this..

Try to answer in Gentle way, kinder way, please.. one Request from me .. Cycona

Thanks just share some views in general way Real Life based, a Manner which others see not usually getting offended you are just insulting there can't you see..???

I hope u understand my point, I am really looking forward to this..

Your politeness your kindness your attitude that makes you a Winner..

Thanks everyone for reading.. :)

Cycona
08-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I'll try to fake it next time
sorry, but as i said, its my opinion and it should've been respected :P

BleachOD
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I'll try to fake it next time
sorry, but as i said, its my opinion and it should've been respected :P

If you want respect than you should give it. If you don't want anyone to comment on your opinion than why post it. You are posting in public forum. That means if someone chooses to respond and you don't like that then don't opine

You don't have to insult people just because they disagree with you. If they're an asshole then fine.

Also you say "it's my opinion" and then get mad when others remind you that what you say is not a fact...merely your opinion. An opinion you're trying to pass of as factual by quoting some random statistics ..."studies" only reflect the numbers of the people who participated in them and NOT the majority...just the majority of the people who answered the questions

Saying 90% of women prefer bad boys is a blanket statement because you have not asked 90% of the women in the world

If you have an opinion about it, there is nothing wrong with asserting it...however you're just attacking people and flaming the members and that's not really necessary. Then you have the nerve to act like you are the one who is being disrespected and attacked. Name-calling just makes you appear moronic because you cannot get your point across intelligently in a civil manner. Once you begin insulting people you lose by default and no one will care what you think. If you don't want others to comment then keep your opinion to yourself...because no one said you couldn't have your own opinion. Nor did anyone said they didn't respect your opinion they merely disagreed and it is actually YOU who do not respect the opinions of others because you are trying to force your opinions on others and refusing to hear theirs. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the muthafucking kitchen and stop replying...instead of acting like a brat.

I am not trying to insult you I am just calling it like I SEE IT

MercyLove
08-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Well as for me by definition, I think, nobody can ever be a true "ideal", since by definition, an "ideal" is not a reality...

But I think it is possible to come across someone that is so great and so perfect that they become your ideal... And when that happens you truly feel like the best person in the world...

Cycona
08-28-2011, 01:37 AM
MercyLove (http://forum.nihonomaru.com/members/mercylove-783172.html)
Ideal man is like the perfect man
and nobody is perfect, lol
you have a point i agree :P

BurningSoul
08-28-2011, 04:16 AM
This seems shallow as fuck . Though rather banal and already mentioned , it's when your ideals for a person vanish and you start appreciating them for who they are rather than who you'd want them to be that you can truly love them .

But I don't get the point of this . What are you expecting to gain from enquiring this ? To me it seems like a 'construct your perfect boy toy and fantasize about it' thread . An "ideal" woman for me isn't one that is moulded by society's standards . Nor is she a set of body measurements and mannerisms . She is what she is .

ellymate
08-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Cycona & everyone: Stick to the topic. This is not about your 'imaginary startistics', answer the topic if you have an answer. If you want others to accept your opinion, don't force it on them and try to accept their opinions as well, eitherwise is useless to post.
I hope i won't see off-topic nor offensive posts from now on. this is valid for everyone ^_^. Please have fun in posting and help Siara get what she wants ^_^

As to be on topic:

i don't thik there exist an ideal man nor woman, but ofc we are always free to imagine who that special person might look like for us.

For example i like tall guys, dark hair, blue eyes and skinny. Usually the first things i see at a person, even by passing by, is the color of his/her eyes, the hair and build. I have a thing for blue eyes, but sincerly i like all type of colors, i appreciate green pure eyes, which are rare around the area i live :P and long dark eyelash ^_^.

But judging a person by his/her aparance is not the only thing we should consider [in my opinion], a man has to be ambitious, fight for his dreams, be considerate of others, keep his mind clear when listening to arguments and drag the right conclusion, accept others opinions and not impose his point of view even is it's not right, accept when he's wrong and apologise. I do like ironical guys, ones that have a sharp tongue, but not be bitchy and not hurt others just for their personal fun, no arrogance to the point of extreme.
Don't like lazy guys, i like guys with potential and those who do smthg with that, never stop and never please themselves with a little if they can do more.
Oh, not to mention, i like funny guys! dislike the macho type T.T

Some pics of guys i like, at least their apparence:

nir lavi

http://i.imgur.com/ZdHe5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P0rly.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VYut6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/log1V.jpg

Nicholas Rogers

http://i.imgur.com/0gXoF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/opSTL.jpg

Alexander Skarsgard - boldie..exception :P

http://i.imgur.com/bHw1K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pcgn9.jpg

wu zun

http://i.imgur.com/SgbUL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UIKFM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mNCEu.jpg

P.S. this doesn't mean i drool all over this guys, i just like them ^_^

SoulSeeker=]
08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol
who said i have a family or a girlfriend,
and who said im intrested in your opinion about mine :)
and who said im talking to you in the first place, im just answering the Thread not you :)
it's like im assissting suicide, hate not me, hate your weakness :P
its only one opinion as been said :)

Akkya (http://forum.nihonomaru.com/members/akkya-1077677.html)

Uhh, another lost subject :)
ok let me explain as easy as i can
i MAKE the numbers, and i MAKE proofs
what i said is to be heared not to be critisized or answered !!
who said im intrested in you about my age at all !!
:)
studies showed that girls are the same, and the most important you can never trust theme :P

Some of the open disscusions about this

keep your links to yourself! no external links here - ellymate

as i said, its my opinion :)

lol yeah... Sure you're right, as if every girl above 20 looks for a dude to get married with rofl.

Akkya
08-28-2011, 11:05 AM
@Akkya: and what about the guy that you love? ;D

I can see that the idea for an ideal man is a difficult subject. What I'm trying to ask of you is:
1. What do you think society expects of men
2. What is the ideal man like in your fantasy
3. Where do your expectations towards the real man differ from fantasy and society's expectations?

huhuhu He is awesome, if you ask me :3

1. I think that society....Ok, now sorry, you mean society in general or from a specific place? Because hm...I am afraid that if you ask in different countries you will have different answers. ^^" In general, as in...majority/or maybe as in fashion...I think they expect the "sexy, nice, hard-working, gentle, confident" kind of man. Not sure O.o
But as I said....the "ideal man" from one country may differ from others. ^^" My guess at least.
2. *cough* In my fantasy....hm.... Gotta remember this one XD :P
3. I would first say...the "body type". Women do tend to "dream" about sexy, strong guys. Its normal :P But that is not what you will first "desire" (lack of better word) on your real man. I am happy that he is healthy...the rest its not important.
Fantasy guy will be the awfully smart kind and (due to some miracle) will always understand you. The real man, thank the clouds for that, wont always understand you. Nor will be That smart(maybe will, but I hope you people can get more or less what I mean).
There is more...but meh, need to stop and think nicely o.o'

Like many said...there is no perfect man nor woman. Also because, the perfect is not perfect. O.o
Its boring :P

edit: hehehe Just saw the Grandma x3

Siara
08-28-2011, 11:28 AM
This seems shallow as fuck . Though rather banal and already mentioned , it's when your ideals for a person vanish and you start appreciating them for who they are rather than who you'd want them to be that you can truly love them .

But I don't get the point of this . What are you expecting to gain from enquiring this ? To me it seems like a 'construct your perfect boy toy and fantasize about it' thread . An "ideal" woman for me isn't one that is moulded by society's standards . Nor is she a set of body measurements and mannerisms . She is what she is .

You may say so, but the truth is: the "ideal man" has always had a part in our societies. And like Akkya said: every society has a different ideal, but I also believe that there are also similarities ;D

As for body measurements, and whatnot, maybe you think it's shallow, but even if you say so we have always had a standard of beauty in our societies. Some features of this standard changes with fashion, other's don't. For example: many men get bald with age, however, the standard in the media is always a man who hardly lost a hair on his head. Does this mean baldness stands for uglyness? NO it doesn't. Another example: the trend in the media now is all about the healthy lifestyle: what is the standard ideal that the media presents us? A guy who most likely spends at least 2 hours a day in a gym. Does this mean guys who are overweight are ugly? NO.

None of the girls that have tried to describe their ideal, have claimed that they expect men to be like their ideal. Let alone look like one. And this is the point of this thread. On the other hand we do have some expectations from a man that in my opinion aren't unfair (When I look at Ellymate's post I think she didn't post anything that is unreasonable, and she has stated what kind of men she usually likes. What's wrong with that?)
You may call it a man who is moulded by society's mannerisms but I think we are all in some way moulded by these.
For example when I think of the man I will spend my life with, is it really wrong to have at least the following expectations?
1. He would not abuse me verbally or physically
2. Someone who's flexible and adapts, tries to keep an open mind. Tries to find his way during changes the best he can and would fight his way in order not to be crushed.
3. Someone who tries to lead an honest life and takes this seriously. Would never intentionally betray anyone.
4. Someone who has good manners, is respectful to my family and accepts them as part of my life.
5. Someone who is willing to take his end of the responsibility in a relationship, and make it a balanced one where both of us build a life for us to be together.
6. Someone who is an active member of society regardless of profession (and not someone who refuses to work and refuses to take responsibility in any way)
7. Someone who would be willing to work out a way to find a new job that makes him happier, when he's unhappy with what he does for a living instead of someone who just gives up and lets himself become bitter and depressed.
8. Someone who would ask me for help when he needs it.
9. Someone I can ask for help when I need it
10. Someone who doesn't only think about himself but also about the people around him
11. Someone who doesn't drink too much and doesn't do drugs
12. Someone who isn't secretive towards me
13. Someone who doesn't enjoy other's misfortune

Are these unattainable expectations from the person you love? I don't think so. Everyone can try to become the best they can be. Morals are the standard for this.

Why do I think this is a useful thread? Trying to become the best possible person you want to be can get out of hand. As a woman, I think that women have taken the idea of becoming the ideal woman way too far. (Which is why I didn't start a thread called the ideal woman, and believe me I thought about it)
Regarding physical appearance with women, it's becoming more and more normal in the eyes of society to take extreme measures in order to come closer to something we consider ideal. Like hammering a nose down to something that is considered feminine (do you think it's ridiculous? Well many Iranian women don't think so, they don't feel like they are beautiful with their natural nose, hence they massively decide to get a nose "correction") Another example is the ideal eye with a double eyelid in East Asia, where especially women decide to have plastic surgery or poke stuff into their eyelids to obtain double eyelids ( you think this is ridiculous? Many Japanese women don't think so, some even won't get a job because they have single eyelids)
Or one of the most shocking things I've ever heard of: plastic surgery on female genitals, because the genitals in erotic magazines for men, are photoshopped, many young women here in the West think that their's don't look normal. I can come up with countless examples like these.
It has happened to me two times already that a colleague comes to me one day and asks me: "So? What do you think?" after they have had plastic surgery. The first time this happened I thought: "what am I supposed to answer to this?" Because I never thought it was necessary. But what, am I supposed to tell them? That I don't see it? No. I tell them that I think they look lovely even though I always thought they looked good "but I hope you feel better about yourself now".

I feel that with men this is also starting to become a trend. I've started a thread called "the ideal man" and I'm daring everyone to be honest and ask them to say what they think the ideal man is like. ( btw: I've looked at the threads in this section and thought: let's see if this really is something to be insecure about) And until now, the girls that posted their ideals, have all written down that love is stronger than their fantasy of the "ideal man".

Anyway, for the girls, this is a challenge to try to come up with an ideal man. I think every man they come up with will always be flawed. But still it's a challenge.

BurningSoul
08-28-2011, 05:51 PM
A conception being a part of society doesn't make it less shallow . Quite the opposite actually :D

As for body measurements, and whatnot, maybe you think it's shallow, but even if you say so we have always had a standard of beauty in our societies. Some features of this standard changes with fashion, other's don't. For example: many men get bald with age, however, the standard in the media is always a man who hardly lost a hair on his head. Does this mean baldness stands for uglyness? NO it doesn't. Another example: the trend in the media now is all about the healthy lifestyle: what is the standard ideal that the media presents us? A guy who most likely spends at least 2 hours a day in a gym. Does this mean guys who are overweight are ugly? NO.But what does this have to do with anything ?

None of the girls that have tried to describe their ideal, have claimed that they expect men to be like their ideal. Let alone look like one. And this is the point of this thread. On the other hand we do have some expectations from a man that in my opinion aren't unfair (When I look at Ellymate's post I think she didn't post anything that is unreasonable, and she has stated what kind of men she usually likes. What's wrong with that?)
You may call it a man who is moulded by society's mannerisms but I think we are all in some way moulded by these.
For example when I think of the man I will spend my life with, is it really wrong to have at least the following expectations?
1. He would not abuse me verbally or physically
2. Someone who's flexible and adapts, tries to keep an open mind. Tries to find his way during changes the best he can and would fight his way in order not to be crushed.
3. Someone who tries to lead an honest life and takes this seriously. Would never intentionally betray anyone.
4. Someone who has good manners, is respectful to my family and accepts them as part of my life.
5. Someone who is willing to take his end of the responsibility in a relationship, and make it a balanced one where both of us build a life for us to be together.
6. Someone who is an active member of society regardless of profession (and not someone who refuses to work and refuses to take responsibility in any way)
7. Someone who would be willing to work out a way to find a new job that makes him happier, when he's unhappy with what he does for a living instead of someone who just gives up and lets himself become bitter and depressed.
8. Someone who would ask me for help when he needs it.
9. Someone I can ask for help when I need it
10. Someone who doesn't only think about himself but also about the people around him
11. Someone who doesn't drink too much and doesn't do drugs
12. Someone who isn't secretive towards me
13. Someone who doesn't enjoy other's misfortune

Are these unattainable expectations from the person you love? I don't think so. Everyone can try to become the best they can be. Morals are the standard for this. Honestly , that's wonderful ! I doubt there's anyone who wouldn't want their partner to meet those expectations . But note how your list doesn't contain anything concerning physical appearance . What I find shallow is mixing the ideal for appearance with the "ideal" character , if you will .

Why do I think this is a useful thread? Trying to become the best possible person you want to be can get out of hand. As a woman, I think that women have taken the idea of becoming the ideal woman way too far. (Which is why I didn't start a thread called the ideal woman, and believe me I thought about it)
Regarding physical appearance with women, it's becoming more and more normal in the eyes of society to take extreme measures in order to come closer to something we consider ideal. Like hammering a nose down to something that is considered feminine (do you think it's ridiculous? Well many Iranian women don't think so, they don't feel like they are beautiful with their natural nose, hence they massively decide to get a nose "correction") Another example is the ideal eye with a double eyelid in East Asia, where especially women decide to have plastic surgery or poke stuff into their eyelids to obtain double eyelids ( you think this is ridiculous? Many Japanese women don't think so, some even won't get a job because they have single eyelids)
Or one of the most shocking things I've ever heard of: plastic surgery on female genitals, because the genitals in erotic magazines for men, are photoshopped, many young women here in the West think that their's don't look normal. I can come up with countless examples like these.
It has happened to me two times already that a colleague comes to me one day and asks me: "So? What do you think?" after they have had plastic surgery. The first time this happened I thought: "what am I supposed to answer to this?" Because I never thought it was necessary. But what, am I supposed to tell them? That I don't see it? No. I tell them that I think they look lovely even though I always thought they looked good "but I hope you feel better about yourself now".
Now this points out how the ideal nowadays includes nothing but appearance . This is downright sad for those poor deluded people .

I feel that with men this is also starting to become a trend. I've started a thread called "the ideal man" and I'm daring everyone to be honest and ask them to say what they think the ideal man is like. ( btw: I've looked at the threads in this section and thought: let's see if this really is something to be insecure about) But I wonder how insecure do you have to be about yourself so that you find talking about your fantasy 'ideal' daring .

And until now, the girls that posted their ideals, have all written down that love is stronger than their fantasy of the "ideal man".That , dear , being my point . If it were otherwise I doubt I'd have bothered to even reply ^ ^

P.S. - You wrote such a long post ! And now with me quoting it my usually laconic response has become . . even longer than yours . Shame on you . . I want a compensation ! ಠ_ಠ

BleachOD
08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
To me it seems like a 'construct your perfect boy toy and fantasize about it' thread.
What's wrong with that?http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/uhoh-1-1.gif... It's a fantasy...fantasies are harmless. It's only a problem if you think the fantasy is reality

We are on a website that has downloads for links to manga & anime. It's devoted to fantasy and I don't see why us fantasizing about hot dudes/dudettes we will probably never get with is so bad to you

This seems shallow as fuck .http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/heh.gif.... I am admittedly shallow...so?

I like hot and sexy guys. An ugly person can become beautiful if you love them. Ugly people need love too but there ARE some that are too ugly for me to get with. Hell I will buy something I don't need if it's a hot guy that's doing the selling . Not going to even lie. Shallow? Yes...
Still I am unrepentant. http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/heh.gif
What are you ug--(ugly is such an ugly word so I won't use it) what I call facially- challenged or something? http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/uhoh-1-1.gifBecause there is nothing wrong with being attracted to a person because their looks are appealing to you

Like Jim Carey Said in "Liar Liar"

"Beauty is only skin-deep" is just something ugly people say..http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/naughty-1.gif
Your complaints sounds like something an unattractive person would say-- http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/gifs/heh.gif so I can't help but wonder if that's root of your problem with this thread

. An "ideal" woman for me isn't one that is moulded by society's standards . Nor is she a set of body measurements and mannerisms . She is what she is .
This is your ideal... YOUR IDEAL.

But I don't get the point of this . What are you expecting to gain from enquiring this ? You did get the point. You said what your ideal woman was.

Cycona & everyone: Stick to the topic. This is not about your 'imaginary startistics', answer the topic if you have an answer. If you want others to accept your opinion, don't force it on them and try to accept their opinions as well, eitherwise is useless to post.
I hope i won't see off-topic nor offensive posts from now on. this is valid for everyone ^_^. Please have fun in posting and help Siara get what she wants ^_^

As to be on topic:

i don't thik there exist an ideal man nor woman, but ofc we are always free to imagine who that special person might look like for us.

For example i like tall guys, dark hair, blue eyes and skinny. Usually the first things i see at a person, even by passing by, is the color of his/her eyes, the hair and build. I have a thing for blue eyes, but sincerly i like all type of colors, i appreciate green pure eyes, which are rare around the area i live :P and long dark eyelash ^_^.

But judging a person by his/her aparance is not the only thing we should consider [in my opinion], a man has to be ambitious, fight for his dreams, be considerate of others, keep his mind clear when listening to arguments and drag the right conclusion, accept others opinions and not impose his point of view even is it's not right, accept when he's wrong and apologise. I do like ironical guys, ones that have a sharp tongue, but not be bitchy and not hurt others just for their personal fun, no arrogance to the point of extreme.
Don't like lazy guys, i like guys with potential and those who do smthg with that, never stop and never please themselves with a little if they can do more.
Oh, not to mention, i like funny guys! dislike the macho type T.T

Some pics of guys i like, at least their apparence:

nir lavi

http://i.imgur.com/ZdHe5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P0rly.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VYut6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/log1V.jpg

P.S. this doesn't mean i drool all over this guys, i just like them ^_^

You don't have to drool, my slobber is enough for both of us:banzai:..WHO IS THAT?!?! Omg he soo hot and what beautiful eyes

I didn't describe my ideal because I don't have one. I like different guys for different reasons

Some because they're smart
Some because they're thugs
Some because they're witty...etc etc

I just LOVE MEN. I dont' have a set "type or ideal"

I am sucker for brunettes with beautiful eyes though....

BurningSoul
08-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Strange responses .
It was a question enquiring as to what the point of this thread is . Even if it is what I thought , I still never said there was anything wrong with it ^ ^
And obviously that's my ideal . I did say "for me" .

And no . What I was asking asking is what was the point of asking such a question . ;)
And she kindly answered . Her answers differentiated quite a lot compared to any of the previous' posters though .

And admittedly I am ugly . Quite so even . But . . so what ? You misinterpreted my post as a complaint of some sort and justified it with me being ugly . . ? As if I couldn't be beautiful and still find it shallow . . ^ ^

Siara
08-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Since I'm an insecure, shallow person: here's a post to physical appearance
Like Bleach OD, the guys that turns my head to take another look, vary a lot.
I don't watch tv and I don't like modern movies. I also don't like pretty boys, waxed chests and a man giving me puppy eyes, or a look that is supposed to look sultry. Emotions should be the source of expressions, not an order of a photographer, so models also aren't really my thing.

I usually like men with brown or brown black eyes and brown to black hair. Most of the time I like short hair, I don't like it when hair hides the face, especially the eyes. So I absolutely hated that trend with the side part that covers 50% of the face, including one of the eyes. Sideburns shouldn't be kept shorter or longer than the earlobe unless you're bald. Clean ears, of course hygene is a must. A little bit of after shave, or a little deodorant is okay, but I don t like it when a guy smells like a bottle of AXE. Actually I only like to smell a small hint of perfume mingled with clean sweat when I get close, instead of an AXE-skunk.

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Al_Pacino/3815/al_pacino_photo_8.jpg

Now I posted a picture of Al Pachino here, not because I think he's perfect or he's what I would call the standard for every man, because he isn't. Sure he looks good, but what makes him attractive is something else. I've looked at tons of pictures trying to find details what I like. I liked almost every single picture I found of him. What I mostly find attractive about a face is when I can see his emotions expressed on his face, and Al Pachino is very expressive. His eyes give out a hint of alertness.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/serpico9/new/Al-Pacino.jpg
just to balance it out a bit LOL

Conversation
Where I come from it is viewed attractive when a man looks you in the eye when you speak to them. In my case, I absolutely don't like it when people (male or female) look at me sideways when speaking to me. To me that's not only a sign of weakness, I also think it's impolite to look at someone out of the corners of your eyes when speaking to them. Plus it makes me think that the person isn't sincere. Because if someone is honest but shy, he would look differently. Maybe I'm shallow when it comes to this, but I could never fall for a man who can t look me straight in the eyes.
Glaring is also not good, it looks freaky. When a man looks at you like he could eat you, that's not erotic, it's scary.

Body
I have tried to think of some things that I find attractive when it comes to appearance. So I thought of body measurements. Even though I can appreciate an athletic build, I don't like bulky muscles or men that are too toned. I want to see that the man has an active lifestyle. This mostly has to do with how energetic he is, regardless of body weight. Btw, an active person can be chubby to over weight but he wouldn't let things get too much out of hand.
What I think is more important is posture:

http://advancedhealth.ca/clients/516/images/.resized/.resized_475x340_standing_posture_v2.jpg

The first one looks like someone who walks crotch first. They also walk with their legs way too wide, once one of my friends asked one of these guys to walk normally instead of overcompensating, she said and I quote: "Are your balls really that big!?! Walk normally!" So if you don't want to be the laughing stock of female gossip...
The second one looks lazy and well... painful and not attractive
The third one stressed out and very tense, also looks very insecure
The fourth: Makes me think of a harcore song going: "Never let your head hang" Ironically, most punks in their teens tend to do this...
The fifth, this one looks kind of tensed but yes, the good posture is also the attractive posture.

SoulSeeker=]
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I just LOVE MEN. I dont' have a set "type or ideal"

I am sucker for brunettes with beautiful eyes though....
My thought if you replace MEN with WOMEN.

Though... you do realize that brunette is a word for a female?

Tenshi Sins
08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
:yokie_41:What is the ideal man? If you answer, think about the following questions:
- What does the ideal man look like? (How tall, proportions, amount of hair, penis size, his face, etc)

If I had to say what my ideal man looks like appearance wise I'd simply point to Ben Barnes.
Although some of these are funny...
Height?Hm...I doubt it'd pose a problem to me since I'm short(1,58).Just taller than me is satisfying I guess.Now ideal I'd consider a man to be 1,80 or something.That's what I consider tall in a guy.
Amount of hair?This one is weird.I'm not into hairless dudes who like to shave off their legs.It can be sexy for a guy to have hair on him(like chest hair),of course there's a limit to that.Not into bears either.But hair isn't for every guy that's for sure,not everyone can pull it off.
Penis size...lolololololol
I'm laughing about this one.Size doesn't matter if he lacks the skill.That's what I believe anyway.
Face...I've already covered the appearance.But since I don't believe in the ideal and I'm not searching for it,I'll say I like interesting faces.Can't describe what's interesting though,it's not the same in every case.

- Does the ideal man exist?Like I said I don't believe in the ideal.It's fun to daydream,but I'd take a real guy anytime over the ideal.Keeps things more interesting.

Perhaps all the traits I like gathered in just one person,and not many negative ones.
Except if you expect me to actually describe it...
For the heck of it(this list is big)
-responsible
-interesting
-not dumb(can hold a conversation)
-doesn't lack depth
-loving
-caring
-loyal(OF COURSE)
-understanding
-not harsh with me(seriously I could never stand someone crual and critical)
-he's in it for the long run,both the hard times and good times
-makes me laugh my ass off( that's halfway to my heart,I could never be together with someone who can't make me laugh cause I love laughing)

The one he has decided upon himself.
But I'll be more specific.A clean one.

- What are his virtues?
Dunno,maybe kindness.

- What are his talents?
If he could play an instrument other than his own,it'd be nice.

- What is the opposite of the ideal man? (think about the same criteria as the ideal man)

Don't be lazy like me,just look up the opposites of his personality traits.

- What about this man?
In the picture?Beauty wise he's very ideal,that's why he's in a museum after all,but let's not forget he's just made out of stone.If there was an ideal guy in real life,he too would belong in a museum.

- Does every man have to work towards that ideal? And where does the ideal have to make way for the real man? Like I said,I prefer real men.Can't be replaced by just some idea in your head,it's stupid.And no they should not,because there's no Ideal man.And another reason is...because there would be no variety then,it'd be very monotonous.

I saw the other thread about the ideal girl and I honestly cannot understand a few things but oh well.I could find a guy attractive without him necessarily look good.I've had crushes on guys who were not my type appearance wise and actually I didn't give a sh*t.A good face or body aren't the only things that make a person attractive.But that's just me...

Siara
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Okay, the penis size, was actually inspired by the penis thread in this section. So I looked up penis envy on wiki, and came across the term "size queen" and other interesting things. And since the ideal man starts with a complete man, you know, 10 toes 10 fingers... I thought "why not? Let's put the 'P' word into the list"

Tenshi Sins
08-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Like I said,I prefer real guys over those "ideal" types.
So ya,while a man with a good body is nice to LOOK AT,that doesn't give him more chances with me.
I can admire things I find beautiful right?But beauty can take other forms as well,except for nice body,pretty face or eyes etc.I am not saying I won't turn my head when I see an attractive guy,someone that appeals to me,but I think attractiveness has more to do with a person's aura.Some people may not be traditionally good-looking,but they have lots of sex appeal and have no problem watsoever attracting the opposite sex.So,I do think good looks don't play a huge part.

adeng
09-03-2011, 03:10 PM

Oh gawd Siara, aLL these questions can dry up my brain. LoL. I'd Love to answer this one. ActuaLLy I was Like thinking for days what my ideaL man shouLd be. Now here it is. I know my ideaL man can't be a REAL MAN ALIVE. he'LL be forever in my dreams and I'LL continue to hunt him. and then that wiLL be the time that I'LL Look for those characteristics in different guys to match up with my ideaL man. But yeah, I think no one wiLL fit it perfectLy. Though a near perfect one is great. ^^ Now, I'LL answer this one by one. Hope you won't get tired of reading. ^^

For the face vaLue, aw, I have too many guys in mind. LoL. But generaLLy, a good-Looking guy is my type. Not too much of a head-turner. Just someone whom you can caLL handsome, cooL and wow! A bad-boy Look is good. He's gonna have some angst and spice. Not a white guy. But he shouLd be taLLer than me, not more than 6ft taLL or I may Look Like a dwarf beside him. For the hair, preferabLy not too much of a hairy-guy. Penis size? uh, I don't have any idea, but I guess it's safe to say that his thing shouLd be above average. =p

I think and beLive so, if we're taLking onLy about the criteria stated above. Oh, I wanna see someone Like this. Even if it's just for sighting. ^^ A dream come true.

Now, this is the serious one. My ideaL man is a perfect gentLeman. He shouLd be kind, understanding, poLite, thoughtfuL, truthfuL, faithfuL, has a sunny disposition, funny, humorous, understanding, independent, weLL-off, supportive, honest and especiaLLy God-fearing. A guy that wiLL treasure me and Love aLL of me, the good and bad things. A guy who'LL treat my Loved ones the same as I treat them. ^^ (too much of a good thing, he can be a Saint. LoL)

Of course, a good and righteous path of Life. He shouLd Live a just Life.a Life Live in God's words.

- What are his virtues?
Refer to his personaLity, I think much can be seen in that. I'LL just add that he shouLd be moraLLy upright.

- What are his talents?
I want him to be good in singing (I Love it when a guy sings for his girL), swimming ( so he can save me when I'm drowning), basketbaLL (my fave sport), chess (so he can teach me tricks) and the taLent to make me Laugh and faLL inLOve with him over and over again. ^^

It's not exactLy word-for-word opposite of my ideaL man. Someone who's mean and cause harm to others wiLL automaticaLLy be an opposite of the ideaL man. ALso, seLf-centered bastards and buLLies.

What about this man?
Uh, what about him? Does he exist you mean? If that's the question, of course he is. and there are pLenty of them!

- Does every man have to work towards that ideal? And where does the ideal have to make way for the real man?
They shouLd but it's impossibLe and if aLL men tends to be Like this, then my ideaL man wiLL be something of a commoner and wiLL be within my reach. How can I choose if aLL of them are Like that? >.<
Being perfect is bad. That'LL be your greatest fLaw. And this ideaL guy is onLy perfect for me.

Now that I've read this, I came to the concLusion that this is too much! haha. But not impossibLe to find. :)

This thread sure is interesting. Thanks Siara!

:moli_7ree_042:

trishana
09-15-2011, 01:47 AM
my ideal is 6 2', nicely built, good looking, kind, honest and all the other good things I admire, only problem is that he is not born yet and his mother is dead.

Siara
09-15-2011, 06:20 AM
my ideal is 6 2', nicely built, good looking, kind, honest and all the other good things I admire, only problem is that he is not born yet and his mother is dead.

Aiaiai, are chances really that grim Trishana?^^

SoulSeeker=]
09-15-2011, 11:34 AM
It all depends on how precise she takes the 6 2' and her definition of good looking and kind, and, of course, all the things she didn't mention.

It seems that she isn't THAT picky on her characteristics, so I think those people do exist. The height... just depends on where you at, come over here, and you'll find an abundance of people fitting your description.

Siara
09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
*looks up 6 2'* Yup, I think so too. I can think of many guys that fit this description :D

I'm just wondering what admirable things this man has, that other men seem to lack^^

Ginji666
09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Balls... I mean he has balls Arms I mean his Arms look really cool believe me ok more precise his biceps balls O.o
did it make sense..?? O.o :PP

Siara
09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Oo balls? You mean muscled?

Ginji666
09-15-2011, 05:20 PM
What the.. >> you are really asking R you..?? :PP
Ill reply today but but but listen what do I add for IDEAL.. O.o nothing new to begin with >.< .. there already P.H.D running around here >.<

Siara
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Well Gin, since you're a guy, I would ADVISE ;) you to write down what an ideal man is, thinking of the following:

-what do you think a man should be like and do you agree?

Rock D. Thanatos
09-16-2011, 03:34 AM
The ideal man? Simple.... that's me :E4304ZHLDP:

D.
09-16-2011, 04:00 AM

XDDDDD

That reminds me to go post my advertisement in The Ideal Girl thread! >:3 ;) :P XDDDDDD

elalho
09-16-2011, 04:49 AM
This thread has already many answers and it's has taken many turns before this. The original score and later made specifications for the hopes for the wanted answers makes it not so easy to give good reply for all stated questions.

I try still to make a lil something out of it. Not commenting to others so much 'cause it only makes my answer longer and I'm trying to keep it short. But it's still going to be mega long. >.< I use spoilers to stay in one topic at the time.

- - - - - - - - -

It's said to be superficial to talk about "Ideal man" but still we talk about our ideal man/ woman here.

Ideal man or woman is the figure, imagined human being that we all strive to become and are measuring ourself against with. That ideal is our measurement of us as in human form and things that we want from our lives. it's not only things that we look from outside but also from inside.

There is no one type of idealized figure that everybody likes but one way to see it is to see who people considere being Idols and stars in entertainment business, sports, arts, science and politics.

We all have our own ideals and people that we see being our ideal men/ women. And it's not always the man/ woman in magazine or in fame that fits into our imagination of the ideal man/ woman.

That can be our close realtive or friend that we like and see having qualities that we don't have. To be "perfect" we also like to become like they are to find the way to be happy in life.

But wanting to have and having an ideal man/ woman isn't something that makes us happy.

Living with one that is perfect in every aspect can be boring or making us work hard to be able also meet the "perfect" score in "the ideal partner" image that we have in our mind or think that we are supposed to be. And that's not something that makes us all happy in life.

If we try only to become "ideal" against our own deepest desires and trying to satisfy others by being an "ideal" isn't making us to become successful and happy in life. But it still is something that can help us to become better humans and make us feel better if we feel that we are close to that what we think is ideal to us or to others.

And lil biological/ sociological point to this too. It's also human nature to try find the so called "ideal" man/ woman and to have him/ her to pass "the best possible genes" from generation to generation. ;) And there for we are looking for the one to fit to our own specifications for the strongest and smartest that there is available to us or if we like other qualifications we may look for the prettiest and the most pleasing one to our eye.
- - - -
Ideal man/ woman is also the picture created by the society and it holds the keys into it's inner self and values. The feeling and emotion that makes it strong and keeps people together if the shared ideal is unifying image for them all.

That's for the "mother" and "father" images are needed as well as "Idols" in different fields of human lives.

To be same as the idealized figures of our society and to be part of the society we try our best to become good citizens and pass our values to the others by trying to be those people that we idealize and see to be our "ideal people." Or if that's not something we want we break the rules and create a new type of ideal for ourselves which is one way to renew the values and society itself to fit better the need of it's citizen in different times.

- - - - - - -

I hope it's clear that our idols and ideal partners don't need to be "perfect." For me being perfect isn't a goal itself 'cause it doesn't make me happy. What makes me happy is to be with the ones that I love and can feel myself being comfortable with. People that are like me and I can relate to. I find myself being normal and searching for normal partner to live with. Not the perfect man/ woman just normal in my mind.

So in that aspect I can't demand my dream/ ideal partner to be perfect. They can have their own flaws and dreams different from me and that just makes them something that is "perfect" in their own way. To be perfect is to accept oneself and others as they are 'cause that's the key to be happy and being happy in life is something that makes us all ideal men and women.

If we can't feel happiness we try to see it otherwhere and in other people that we think that are happy or having things that we want to have and that makes us speak about ideal men/ women or life in general or society that we like to have to become "Happy" and live meaningful life.

- And really sorry not to post any pictures of ideal men/ women here or giving a better description of him or her. >.< My opinion about them changes all the time and looking only outer measurements doesn't make people to become my ideal. It's more in the way how one behaves and makes others feel around him/ her that really makes one become an ideal to me.

Siara
09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
http://uploads8.wikipaintings.org/images/honore-daumier/the-beautiful-narcissus.jpg%21xlMedium.jpg

@elalho: I pretty much agree with everything you've said.

And well, I want this tread to take every possible turn it can, everyone looks at it differently. I want to see the subjective part of what the ideal man is. This way it also says something about the girls that posted, and most of us are hard on ourselves when it comes to appearance, but we're really not that hard on others. Those that are hard on others... well we recently had a marvelous example of what tends to happens to them :ml43:
Edit: I've just found sth:: "beauty is skin deep, ugly goes straight to the bone" lol

Even though your argument about genes is interesting, I also want to point out that we want to be in control of our lives. If we'd blame it all on having "the wrong genes" what would happen? Wouldn't that be something like putting our lives in the hands of fortune? And even if, we'd still want fortune on our side, influence it^^

"why are all the good guys always either taken or gay?" :P

Rock D. Thanatos
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
"why are all the good guys always either taken or gay?" :P

Because we taste like choco :JFBQ00208070428A:

xD

Seriously tho.. its mostly the idiots that are taken. Many of the good guys are still free cause most girls just don't look deep enough :)

Ginji666
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Many of the good guys are still free cause most girls just don't look deep enough :)

EXactly they look deep :7c00a009: but only wanted double action MANGA O.o... they prefer Adam & Steve rather then Adam & Eve.. and droools over it....

Siara
09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
EXactly they look deep :7c00a009: but only wanted double action MANGA O.o... they prefer Adam & Steve rather then Adam & Eve.. and droools over it....

lol I have nothing to say to this except that Steve is hotter to look at than Eve lmao

Seriously tho.. its mostly the idiots that are taken. Many of the good guys are still free cause most girls just don't look deep enough :)

I wouldn't call them idiots but guys often turn out to be "good guys". I think that girls (and guys btw) that use arguments like "why are all the good ones blah blah blah" only look at results and not at prospects. As if someone is perfect for us right from the beginning, which is in my opinion kind of nave or even selfish, and only stare themselves blind to what they don't have.

Tenshi Sins
09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
And maybe they associate the fact that a guy is taken with being of quality...which is not always the case.

Siara
09-17-2011, 06:59 AM
@Candius: lol quality schmality I guess so XD But I really wonder why people love to think that way. Just because someone is right for idk a friend, doesn't mean that person is right for you. Btw, my bible knowledge is rusty, but isn't there a commandment somewhere that you can also interpret Thou shalt not think "why are all the good ones either taken or gay"? ;P Maybe they confuse friendship with sexual appeal? Maybe, friendzone mistakes? "Shit! I've dropped him into the friend zone... oops!" Like accidentally dropping an important document into paper waste, empty it at the recycle container kind of oops? And then ask: "Why are all the important documents always lost when you need them?"

Ahem, okay, so now back on topic... I've noticed that a guy started a similar thread. For the ones that don't want to think about the ideal man according to the questions in my first post, maybe it would be helpful to point out things about... "getting noticed"?

trishana
09-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Aiaiai, are chances really that grim Trishana?^^

From where I'm standing. But I'm hoping for a change of weather.

Akkya
09-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Ahem, okay, so now back on topic... I've noticed that a guy started a similar thread. For the ones that don't want to think about the ideal man according to the questions in my first post, maybe it would be helpful to point out things about... "getting noticed"?

Ya mean as in: what he needs to be noticed?

Hm? Hhhhmmm??? Is that? :3

adeng
09-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Because we taste like choco :JFBQ00208070428A:

xD

LMAO. I don't know if I can agree with this one! ^^ I mean, are the good guys just waiting for the girLs to take notice of them? and even so, do they Like to just sit and watch as aLL the good girLs got taken away? Why not grab one for themseLves?

Daiki'kun
09-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Maybe the ideal man doesn't want to have headaches with those girls, because those men are careful to not being used, and rather wait for the ideal wife, understood?

adeng
09-18-2011, 08:34 AM
@Diari: Nah. I won't take that. =p I mean, headaches? SureLy an ideaL man isn't that afraid of having some headaches. ^^ and for being used, hmmmm, anyone, not onLy those ideaL types knows how to be carefuL as to not be used. IdeaL wife? weLL, which is it? IdeaL girL or ideaL wife?

Daiki'kun
09-18-2011, 08:43 AM
@Diari: Nah. I won't take that. =p I mean, headaches? SureLy an ideaL man isn't that afraid of having some headaches. ^^ and for being used, hmmmm, anyone, not onLy those ideaL types knows how to be carefuL as to not be used. IdeaL wife? weLL, which is it? IdeaL girL or ideaL wife?

Well, we just hear a lot of negative (as in-how slutty girls are-) stuff, FROM OUR IDIOTIC FRIENDS who have a nice bed-time with the ladies. Yes, a man is ready to take some headaches, but that's not the foundation of a strong relationship, is it? Yes, ideal girl. But it comes to the same: bonding.
I'd much rather have one girl I can build a relationship day by day till it is grown to an everlasting foundation of happiness, support and love, than being sucked by 10 girls who make me spurt all over their face, then dump them because they only moan about fucking. I don't want to build a relation on THAT.

adeng
09-18-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree. But some guys wiLL find that LoveLy. LoL. ^^

So yeah, an ideaL man shouLdn't reaLLy be a totaL perv! Not a pervert to the core. >.<

Daiki'kun
09-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Why...?! Why was this world created in the first place?!
:sigh:
What has it come to...

Rock D. Thanatos
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
LMAO. I don't know if I can agree with this one! ^^ I mean, are the good guys just waiting for the girLs to take notice of them? and even so, do they Like to just sit and watch as aLL the good girLs got taken away? Why not grab one for themseLves?

And who tells me that exactly THIS girl is good for me? Starting something with random girls is often a major pain in the ass. Sure everything starts with looks cause this is usually the first impression, but I dont want a girl thats just good looking... I dont even care if she's smart or dumb ( tho I prefer smart of course), we dont even have to share the same hobbies. Whats important is that we are on the same wavelength, that I can trust her and be myself around her and that she's there for me when I need her.... thats not something you just get by simply "grabbing" a girl :p

I think most girls look for the same things in their ideal man.

Btw..... For the love of god please stop using this stupid dark purple, its unreadable on dark skins -.-

Why...?! Why was this world created in the first place?!
:sigh:
What has it come to...

It was created to await my coming and it has become my playground :Ayociexp112:

Ginji666
09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
@Thana

You can change the skin as well changy...:P I am using Rise best for me.. or else you can use BLACK CURRENT to eat the text as well Oo :PPP

ps: there is no black current skin yet .. JK :PP

Rock D. Thanatos
09-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Bright skins make my eyes hurt, so I stick with the dark ones

SoulSeeker=]
09-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I got the To Love Ru skin, which I thought was an awesome anime when I got the skin. I still like the skin though, nice blue-ish =]

Ontopic:
Well, I tend to be called a good guy, so I gues I can give it a shot and use me as an example.
I don't like to just sit and watch all the good girls being taken away, but I still did. Because besides a good guy, I'm also very shy. I have tried to connect with many girls though, I even laid a relatively good basis lots of times, but I just always screw up.

Though recently I didn't, and I like to think that we're a classic example of a good guy with a good girl.

So it DOES exist!

Siara
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
@ Adeng: you know that there is no such thing like "grabbing a girl", we're not that easy to deal with^^ For example: how many guys came on to you agressively on the dancefloor and you thought "what a creep" turned to your friends with an expression, "help me out here"? I sure did. Or another example: if a guy told you he'd like to take you home, and wants to see whether he still likes you in the morning, wouldn't you feel insulted? I sure did, felt disgusted even, and the funny thing is, the guy thought he was giving me a compliment. Whatever happened to dating?

If we like someone, we first want to be sure that the other likes us too, before we tell them that we like them, right? I admit, I always hope the guy I like will be the first one that tells me, because I'm often too scared to be rejected. But if I'm honest, I bet that if the guy in question liked be back, he'd also fear rejection.
Is it that we expect guys to be the ones that take the initiative?

Oh and by "getting noticed" I mean, what can guys do to impress the ones they like? Point the things out that we appreciate.
I have to admit, I kind of miss courtliness. I sometimes feel like I'm more gallant than a guy these days.... Not that I mind keeping the door open for others or standing up for others in the train. But sometimes... I do wish a guy would just help me out when I'm carrying something I can hardly lift, instead of just sitting and watching. I know people just say that you need to ask for help if you need it, but sometimes, it really makes my day when people just help me out because they notice.
I'll give an example:
One day it started pouring all of a sudden, people were hiding from the rain, waiting. I saw a couple rushing through the street. The guy had an umbrella. The girl was quickly tiptoeing after him, trying to get under the umbrella he kept for himself. Accross the street, I saw another couple, both running, the guy was faster than his gf, but he kept looking back and waited for her to catch up with him, whereas the guy with the umbrella didn't seem to have a care in the world. And I thought: "is it really that awful if your shoulder gets wet?"

adeng
09-19-2011, 02:06 AM
@ Adeng: you know that there is no such thing like "grabbing a girl", we're not that easy to deal with^^ For example: how many guys came on to you agressively on the dancefloor and you thought "what a creep" turned to your friends with an expression, "help me out here"? I sure did. Or another example: if a guy told you he'd like to take you home, and wants to see whether he still likes you in the morning, wouldn't you feel insulted? I sure did, felt disgusted even, and the funny thing is, the guy thought he was giving me a compliment. Whatever happened to dating?

Yes of course. I don't reaLLy mean it LiteraLLy. ^^ nya, haven't been in those situations. But sureLy, I might feeL the same way you do dear.

If we like someone, we first want to be sure that the other likes us too, before we tell them that we like them, right? I admit, I always hope the guy I like will be the first one that tells me, because I'm often too scared to be rejected. But if I'm honest, I bet that if the guy in question liked be back, he'd also fear rejection.
Is it that we expect guys to be the ones that take the initiative?

I agree. I mean, I wouLd Like to have the guy confess first.

Oh and by "getting noticed" I mean, what can guys do to impress the ones they like? Point the things out that we appreciate.
I have to admit, I kind of miss courtliness. I sometimes feel like I'm more gallant than a guy these days.... Not that I mind keeping the door open for others or standing up for others in the train. But sometimes... I do wish a guy would just help me out when I'm carrying something I can hardly lift, instead of just sitting and watching. I know people just say that you need to ask for help if you need it, but sometimes, it really makes my day when people just help me out because they notice.
I'll give an example:
One day it started pouring all of a sudden, people were hiding from the rain, waiting. I saw a couple rushing through the street. The guy had an umbrella. The girl was quickly tiptoeing after him, trying to get under the umbrella he kept for himself. Accross the street, I saw another couple, both running, the guy was faster than his gf, but he kept looking back and waited for her to catch up with him, whereas the guy with the umbrella didn't seem to have a care in the world. And I thought: "is it really that awful if your shoulder gets wet?"

I was aLways wondering where aLL did the gentLemen go? ReaLLy, they are nearing extinction!

And who tells me that exactly THIS girl is good for me? Starting something with random girls is often a major pain in the ass. Sure everything starts with looks cause this is usually the first impression, but I dont want a girl thats just good looking... I dont even care if she's smart or dumb ( tho I prefer smart of course), we dont even have to share the same hobbies. Whats important is that we are on the same wavelength, that I can trust her and be myself around her and that she's there for me when I need her.... thats not something you just get by simply "grabbing" a girl :p

I think most girls look for the same things in their ideal man.

Btw..... For the love of god please stop using this stupid dark purple, its unreadable on dark skins -.-

of course, that's the ideaL girL for you. ^^ SureLy, we have different tastes. But yeah, good quaLities are the major denominator if we're Looking for the ideaL one for us.

oh, stupid dark purpLe, why put it here if it's stupid? >.< But weLL, I have to adjust. ^^

Rock D. Thanatos
09-19-2011, 02:42 AM
@Adeng:

Well, why not use the bright purple, like in your sig? :)

@Siara:

Well courtliness....... this is such a thing. I am like that around my girl, but not around random girls. I mean, girls all over the world scream "emancipation"....and I totally approve of that.... but girls gotta decide what they want. One moment they want us to treat them as equals, which we are... no question about that, but in some cases the woman's body just reaches its limit that's a fact.... an the next moment they want us to treat em like the "weak gender". Girls gotta make up their mind :p

Long story short: I know when to help my girl, like with carrying heavy stuff and such, and when to leave her alone and let her do her own thing. But I usually ignore random girls unless they ask me for help.

SoulSeeker=]
09-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I think that, in this situation, the dude probably didn't even notice that his girl was getting wet, (though, I can't help but get a pretty positive imagination working here) and just rushed to a place to hide.

As for the lifting stuff, I agree with Thanatos, when do women want to be equal, and when do they want to be treated as a lesser human beign that is in the need of help.

I mean, while you would really like the help, others might think of it as an insult and will react like: Oh, because I'm a woman I can't handle this? You sexist!

I do think on a regular basis about helping someone, but in our modern society you usually don't really mess with random people their business. I can ask to help an old lady carrying stuff, but there's a high percentage of chance she'll think I'm robbing her, ya know, just an example but you get the idea.

adeng
09-19-2011, 07:37 AM
@Thanatos: Here yah go! =p

WeLL, I kinda understand what you both guys are trying to say here. ^^ I actuaLLy Laughed when I read the posts. What you've said is true most of the time. Women reaLLy tends change their minds frequentLy. :) But it's not as if we're doing that on purpose! Of course there are reasons! and sometimes guys can't simpLy understand those. >.<

For me, women assume that men can get the gist. Like for the situation of heLping in carrying some stuffs. You should get the idea when a woman want some heLp. It's not necessary to scream out "HeLp" and such. I mean you can see it in the situation.

Siara
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I understand that men feel awkward when it comes to courtesy these days.^^ But even if some women nag about sexism, courtesy is still something that women generally acknowledge to be wonderful. Whether it's solely for the purpose of getting noticed, or because you're a responsible citizen, it's something that should be appreciated when it happens.

Well, what I think about so-called "feminists" that see courtesy like something sexist... I hardly hear them when someone uses sexist language to humiliate women. The easiest way to crush a woman socially is still verbal abuse, like calling a girl a slut because she's experienced some sort of sexual activity. Instead I hear them trying to use that same verbal abuse towards men, imo, not only without success, but counterproductive and... just lame.

I've looked at the chivalry threads again, and seriously, women who think it's demeaning when someone is being gallant to them, are idiots. Mind you, my mother is a housewife, and in my opinion a hard core feminist. She's fought battles for recognition and womens rights for independence, most of us take for granted instead of acknowledging the results. When a guy opens the door for her, she says "Thank you" and comments the boy on having good manners. There are more important things than condemning courtesy when it comes to emancipation.

@Soul: I've noticed that you've pointed out that you think chivalry is fake. But I think it's part of the game when it comes to show off what a great catch you are. What women look at: when a guy is helping someone who is struggling (whether a lover, a random girl, the elderly, pregnant woman or another guy) and simply helps out, no questions asked, we notice and appreciate that in a man. It not only shows that the guy has a sense of responsibility, he cares and is aware of what happens around him. It shows he cares about friendship, colleagues, lovers, etc, he's somewhat flexible and not socially awkward.

yJ1RgPphR1w

When a male colleague is carrying too much, I help him out, taking a few boxes off the tower he's carrying. Does this mean I think he's not much of a man? No, I just think it's inefficient, I don't question his obvious masculinity. If he's carrying one object with all his might, I help him out in whatever way he let's me (carry it with him or opening all the doors, whatever) even though a man is stronger than me, it doesn't mean he has to break his back to prove his strength. There is no ulterior motive, just offering help.
In this commercial, the fact that the boy needs his mother's help to open the jar is shown like his masculinity is questionable. I think, a mother or father should point out that you can open any jar if you just stick a pointed object like a teaspoon between the ridge and the lid to led air in, and then open the jar. You don't need to be a mindless hulk to open it, even a 4 year old can do it^^

Recently my friend was seething when she heard someone on the news say something like: "No way am I getting up for a pregnant woman in the bus! She was stupid enough to get knocked up, why should it be my problem!?!"
Now, a remark like that... *counting to 50*

Anyway, I don't think courtesy should be something that only men do, women should also do it. Now that's emancipation. But courtesy is also something in which you need to act according to the circumstances. Instead of both genders using courtesy, we've written it off as being sexist and both do nothing. Resulting in behavior like not even noticing and old lady with a rollator having trouble walking through the supermarket, because everyone is too self absorbed and in a hurry to make some room for her.

Akkya
09-19-2011, 12:37 PM

What they do...I have no idea. Not a guy...I think O.o
Anyway, what a guy would need to get noticed by me(myahaha~)...
... Have a pet. I mean, a guy walking around with a dog has more chances of attracting my attention. Why? Because actually the dog will attract my attention :D (Truth be told wont even notice the guy...)
Band clothes. Mostly if its from a Metal band...It naturally attracts my eyes XD
Now, like Siara said, and Adeng. A gentleman will attract attention. Be it with a small "act" or not.
Aaand...Ok, I really dont know. My attention goes mostly to animals/plants. :P

But it's not as if we're doing that on purpose! Of course there are reasons! and sometimes guys can't simpLy understand those. >.<

For me, women assume that men can get the gist. Like for the situation of heLping in carrying some stuffs. You should get the idea when a woman want some heLp. It's not necessary to scream out "HeLp" and such. I mean you can see it in the situation.
XD We dont do on purpose, but we do it in such a natural way~
And come on, we have to face it...at least a little, Women ARE complicate!
I gotta agree with what the guys said... Because I myself dont get it. Many times seems like women are really just playing around, and abusing this.
If I need help, I ask for it. Sure maybe the difference is thatr I was raised in a family full of maniacs and crazy guys...Anyway, sure I think there is also the need for Good sense. Like, if y guy see a girl carrying a Super heavy box, and its obvious she is having a hard time, he could offer help. BUT the woman should NOT get offended. The guy is JUST trying to be nice!!!

Same goes if a girl see a guy caring heavy stuff. She does not have to take it all, but help.

People tend to get offended easily when help is offered. Damn pride...

SoulSeeker=]
09-19-2011, 12:58 PM
@Siara, noooes not at all! I never meant that chivalry is fake, but it's just that, at times, it's hard to decide on whether you should do it and when you shouldn't, like I made clear with my example. I mean, I'm not gonna say that without the doubt, I'd be a very chivalrous man, to everyone. Naah, I'm the type can walk by the table of my friends (when looking for them) without noticing them, so you can forget about always noticing people in the need for help.

But I am the type to keep the door open a bit longer when I'm walking through it, not by standing next to it, but just by stretching my arm a bit longer, keeping the door open. Cause ya know, when standing next to the door, opening it for everyone, I also get this feel that you're trying to attract the attention to you, which I do not do. Not because I don't like it, (don't really mind it) but just because I like to think that I'm not an attention whore (I know, opening doors for other people doesn't make you an attention whore, but my mind works in mysterious ways when it comes to this stuff).

I mean, of course you can do those things to show off what a catch you are, but when you're doing it for that reason, I would call it fake. Because then you're not chivalrous out of nature, but merely cause you want to show off for a girl or something. I do regularly let an elderly person sit down when I notice the person standing for a lack of seats, not because I think it's chivalrous, and that's what I'd like to be, but solely for the reason that I have no problems with standing, while those people do.

I don't think that chivalry is either dead or fake. I just think it can be hard to decide on whether to be or not to be chivalrous at times.

As for feminists... let's not start that discussion. Really, let's just not.

@the commercial: (Nice to be talking to other Dutch people here (now I'm sure, you used to be Nuttish right? XD)) Well... making a hole in it will make it less long usable, since the pot lid ais also used to conserve the insides after it's opened. While it is easier to open like that, not very useful. Btw, as for that, I'm far from a strong guy (people that have seen my arms will know), but my mom always comes to me to open pots so... Yeah... Awesome ;D

@the remark of your friend... I'd react like: Whuuut... That's just stupid.

Siara
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
@ Akkya: lol okay, I wanted to ask, what if the guy doesn't like dogs? Anyway, does this trick really work? I wonder how many guys actually used it XDDD

@ Soul: yes internet addict formerly known as Nuttish. And I'll drop the pandora's box of feminism ;) But wow, you really that shy? Don't worry about that too much, eventually it'll just come natural. And still, if you're overall courteous to people around you, you're going to be just fine. Even if your mom opens the jars for you XD Btw, I meant using a teaspoon as leverage, not to puncture the lid. I couldn't find a video, so I'm sorry I can't show you :D

Btw, I notice this statement a lot: "women are so complex".... really? And men are what.... simple? ..

BlueBlooded
09-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I am here just to brag...
I found my ideal man four years ago...and I still keep him locked in a cage in a safe, deserted farm...mwhahaha. :P

trishana
09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I am here just to brag...
I found my ideal man four years ago...and I still keep him locked in a cage in a safe, deserted farm...mwhahaha. :P

Good, make sure he has no chance to escape. One question, are you there with him?

adeng
09-20-2011, 01:38 AM
yesh, women are compLicated! This is as far as I know and observed. ^^ but men are as much compLicated as women!

@BLueBLOoded, weLL, I hope he's not trying to escape though. ^^

Rock D. Thanatos
09-20-2011, 02:24 AM

See, this is exactly where you are wrong :p There would be a lot less misunderstandings if girls would just open their mouths when they want something!
I told my baby at the very first day to just come out and tell me whenever she wants something, I cant read her mind after all.
Getting the "gist" of it is just a woman's way to play a shitty game and then blaming us when its not working out. If you want something, SAY SO! :p

@BlueGirl: Stop bragging! You only took him cause you couldn't get me, you know that! :p

Seriously tho, how is he? I didn't talk to him for more than a year now.

adeng
09-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Nah, it's not in our nature to aLways say the things we want. =p

Battlecat
09-20-2011, 04:59 AM
i think sometimes its good to just say if you need help cause ppl can be really dense sometimes x3

but with consideration we can manage to notice without saying a word :3
like said already: caring heavy stuff and helping in the Household and so

thats at least one thing the Ideal Man should be like: Considerate and Helpful ^^

Akkya
09-20-2011, 05:12 AM
@ Akkya: lol okay, I wanted to ask, what if the guy doesn't like dogs? Anyway, does this trick really work? I wonder how many guys actually used it XDDD

Ooooh dear...if the guy does not like dogs...I can be his friend, but thats it. O.o
Seriously.. I can understand if he is allergic XD Or if maybe dog is not his favorite animal.. Important is, he gotta like animals :p

Ah, and it works ~ At least with me XD

thats at least one thing the Ideal Man should be like: Considerate and Helpful ^^

Yeees, very right Kitty :]

yesh, women are compLicated! This is as far as I know and observed. ^^ but men are as much compLicated as women!

We are complicate for guys and guys are complicate for us.
Damn...you complicate people! o.o

Battlecat
09-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Ooooh dear...if the guy does not like dogs...I can be his friend, but thats it. O.o
Seriously.. I can understand if he is allergic XD Or if maybe dog is not his favorite animal.. Important is, he gotta like animals :p

Ah, and it works ~ At least with me XD

Yeees, very right Kitty :]

We are complicate for guys and guys are complicate for us.
Damn...you complicate people! o.o

i see
should get myself lots of animals then haha xD
hmm should ask Jackie (My dog) to help me out as well ofc haha xD

add: Aren't we all a book with 7 Seals :P
but well even the Ideal Man will have secrets and mysteries so the girls ofc ;3 wich make them even more fascinating and attractive ~nyu

Rock D. Thanatos
09-20-2011, 05:17 AM
i think sometimes its good to just say if you need help cause ppl can be really dense sometimes x3

but with consideration we can manage to notice without saying a word :3
like said already: caring heavy stuff and helping in the Household and so

Well, thats easy around my GF, by now I know when she needs help and when I better leave her alone.... but how am I supposed how a complete stranger ticks? There is just no way of knowing if she'd be upset if I'd try to help her..... its really not that hard to just say it when you need help. Its not like I bite or anything ;)

Battlecat
09-20-2011, 05:20 AM
@Thana: thats why i said sometimes ppl should just ask for help when they need it
especially in situations like that ^^

ofc its completly different by strangers but i was more talking about gf/bfs and your other friends and family and so ^^

Siara
09-20-2011, 06:39 AM
@ BlueBlooded: care to brag a little more about Farmboy?^^

Well, women also try to find out whether men take initiative. I mean by helping them out. On the other hand, women don't want to bother others when they need help. Often when you ask, men tend to grumble and it makes us feel like we're nagging. Or what when they say "no"?

0BxckAMaTDc

Do you agree with what the man says on the video?

Aha! Are mysterious men more interesting than open books? I often hear men say things like: "What you see is what you get"

BlueBlooded
09-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Well as TT said I got him cause I couldnt have TT XD (yeah, right ;) )
And well I do tend to visit his cage oftenly...^^
OT: He is great, tnx for asking TT...he was in Germany for 10 days this year to work...now he got more busy all of the sudden...which is nice, but I c him far less...
Idk what u wanna know about him Siara? I find him perfect and ideal for me cause our views of the world match, mostly...cause he is optimistic, mentaly strong...well mostly cause he brings out the best from me...and ofc he has hipnotic eyes...:P

Ginji666
09-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Nah, it's not in our nature to aLways say the things we want. =p

Addy thana is :yellowcard: teasing just say YES, he wont jump again lololol.. :)

OOh yeah we miss Rave as well he is fun....

BlueBlooded
09-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Umm...I wasnt talking bout Rave...I was talking bout my IRL boyfriend...but huh yeah XD

Akkya
09-20-2011, 12:37 PM

Aha! Are mysterious men more interesting than open books? I often hear men say things like: "What you see is what you get"

Hm....Not really. If we are going to generalize, then yes.
But there are a couple of things that could really disagree..

Anyway, a mysterious man is not the same as someone who does not tell/say he needs help. I think.
A more mysterious guy can keep you captivated, but a guy that wont share things with you is not cool. Sure the woman/man needs to ask, worry, care and such. But if you always have to do that is almost as like the person does not want to share, or like you always have to run after him/her.

What you see is never what you get. At least not completely. There is always a little extra~ Same was women can be rather complicate, men can be really "simple", and in the end make no sense. Hey, thats why one is Men while the other is Women. (See, M and W :D Simple and Complicate :])

But still....funny video~

Siara
09-20-2011, 12:47 PM
@ BlueBlooded: well pretty much those kinds of things, since this thread is about the ideal man, you can boast as much as you like^^ Everytime we start nagging, boast a little ;)
I don't think anyone mentioned bringing out the best in one another yet, even though it's important, I wonder why?

@ Gin: Hey, it is what it is, just by Adeng saying "yes" doesn't mean she isn't right about it. And it's different to say what's on your mind to your boyfriend than to idk a colleague or classmate. (Btw, you straight edge? I thought you smoked?)

@ Akkya, you ninja'd me. I'll comment later;)

Rock D. Thanatos
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Umm...I wasnt talking bout Rave...I was talking bout my IRL boyfriend...but huh yeah XD

Yeah, some of us do have real life partners xD Anyway, glad to hear he's doing well... but why didnt anyone tell me that he was here after all? We could have hit the town to get drunk and all :D

Ginji666
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM

:yellowcard: I found it Rave... :P sorry but again I missed him :))

@ Gin: Hey, it is what it is, just by Adeng saying "yes" doesn't mean she isn't right about it. And it's different to say what's on your mind to your boyfriend than to idk a colleague or classmate. (Btw, you straight edge? I thought you smoked?)

Tash tash... :yellowcard: another yellow card.. :PP
Siara.. I know its hard to say simply yes :) I was just adding Joke >.<.. you point me out again Ill steal your internet :P.
of course its hard and its also understandable even like thana said he had discussed this case before but again some girls don't wanted to, I believe when ur in relation then both parties must understand each other..

If My sister in law start pointing out small things to my brother and start complaining about it then his life is doom..
Compromise.. Its just someone has to take initiative but again if u start complaining why me always ask you ...Ego then Dude ur done.. So its not always HELP ME please because its heavy and its not always that he will notice or he expect to much from her, it all depends on situation and If I walking with my girl then obviously I will ask her for sure unless she refuse to let me help :)

OOh yes I remember even now I smoke.. I found that pic its says Straight because I took it as I am straight but I am not Straight edge for sure.. but yesh ill wait for Marriage :):lovelove:

BlueBlooded
09-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, some of us do have real life partners xD Anyway, glad to hear he's doing well... but why didnt anyone tell me that he was here after all? We could have hit the town to get drunk and all :D
Ull have ur chance TT...He will go to Germany soon again for work, he will be in some town called Bochum, I think, and I can tell u when and such when we find out.
Back to topic: Idk what else to say, except I bragged enough, so...so long suckers XD

SoulSeeker=]
09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
@ BlueBlooded: care to brag a little more about Farmboy?^^

Well, women also try to find out whether men take initiative. I mean by helping them out. On the other hand, women don't want to bother others when they need help. Often when you ask, men tend to grumble and it makes us feel like we're nagging. Or what when they say "no"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxckAMaTDc

No. The man is generalizing in an extreme, but funny, way.

As for the girl helping out the guy, it depends on what you help him with. But ya know, when a guy gets help for carrying groceries by a woman, an unknown woman, you might as well cut his balls off.
Men, by nature, are supposed to be the stronger ones (now I know this is not always the case, most probably in my case xD). So the moment you, as the weaker one, offer physical help, it hurts our masculinity. It's not that hard to understand right?

Enamiti
09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
the ideal man for me...

looks like a human. Makes the mistakes of a human. Learns slowly but for life. Has things he dislikes and likes about me in return. Doesn't need to have all the fortune in the world. Is sometimes selfish. Wouldn't mind being praised. Doesn't realize when he's charming because he doesn't mean to try.

Every man is the ideal man for a woman who doesn't have her head in the clouds or her sticky fingers on a fortune that she hasn't worked a day in her life for. so go get em boys! ^_-

Siara
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Lol, well, I stopped laughing when he tried to describe the female brain, which wasn't as witty as the description of the male brain, with all his organized cute little boxes. But I usually hear descriptions similar to this, and since everyone's going on about how complex the other is, I wanted to know what you thought.

Another video, if you like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMv-dzyTDxA)

Well, I think there is a difference in physical strength and you offer help according to the circumstances. So yeah, Soul, I do understand. I can see when help is appreciated and when not. Now, the chances of a man getting help carrying his groceries from an unknown chivalrous woman is pretty much nihil. So, you can rest assured that your chances on creating offspring aren't endangered by Wonder Woman's social castrating skills^^

Now one of the things I usually read and hear about manliness is confidence. What exactly do we mean by self-confidence?

SoulSeeker=]
09-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmmmz... you're being a bit vague there... Could you explain more elaborately on what you want to know? =D

Siara
09-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh, sorry I'll try, but it is a tough one^^

We (me included) often point out confidence as a trait that is attractive in men. Is this something considered a crucial part of the male character? What exactly do we mean by "self confidence"? How do we judge someone being self confident? Why do we find it so attractive in men? And since anyone can feel insecure about themselves, how can they find this magical aphrodisiac called "self confidence"?

Hope this is less vague

Now, anyone who would like to answer, you don't have to answer all my questions, just the ones you can XD

Battlecat
09-24-2011, 04:40 PM
well at first
its always good to have at least a bit self-confidence

self confidence is a two edged sword
it can be attractive but mmm over confidence can also be really annoying (exaggerated ego)

but guess it really is a crucial part in men
why ?
cause Men have to be self-confident when they try to hit on woman ofc
some womans appreciate it and others don't

but don't ask me whats so attractive in that xD

SoulSeeker=]
09-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I get it now! I'll give it a shot! =D

I think why it's seen as attractive is because of evolutionary reasons. I think it's the same reason why a lot of girls tend to like strong looking guys. Or well, the exact same reason, a confident person looks stronger than someone that's not.
Also, "How can I care about you, when you don't care about yourself?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5jy3eHx5o&t=133)
Same goes for confidence. How can you expect someone to think good of you, if you don't even think good of yourself?

It is crucial I think, because of the reason stated above. Confidence makes a man look stronger and more capable of protecting the family.

What you exactly mean by that is a more philosophical discussion that I'd love to have, but will be too much for this forum and all.

How do you judge someone's confidence. A tough one. Though it's pretty easy to see if someone's confident or not, it's hard to explain why. I think part of it is someone's posture. A man standing straight will look a lot more confident than someone well... standing not straight? Also the way someone talks I think. Not just the way someone talks about himself (which is the most obvious way to find out), but also the intonation and everything. Shyness too. Shyness is (well, just my own thesis here) most of the time based on insecurity. You'll think of all the worst case scenarios (though several worst case scenarios is contradictive on itself, you know what I mean) and you'll decide not to walk to that girl and talk to her.

As for the last one, it's the same way sad people can force a smile. Act. Put on that nice little mask of yours on your face and look happy, look confident. While inside you're slowly burning to the ground. No good, express your feelings as much as you can. (lol, made me sound like a huuuge hypocrite xD)

Hope this helped a bit! ;D

Akkya
09-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Is this something considered a crucial part of the male character?Crucial to find a partner? Nah..crucial in life? Sometimes. It is a very important factor sometimes, like in work.
Like said many times, a "self confident" guy tend to attract more attention. But why? Because he is not hiding. He walks sure about his path, he walks trusting on his own steps.

What exactly do we mean by "self confidence"?Knowing yourself. Believeing in yourself, trusting on yourself and knowing that you are capable of things. Looking at yourself and not being ashamed, liking the way you are. I guess...

How do we judge someone being self confident?You simply can :p Its like the person has a different atmosphere around him/her. They are not always looking down, nor avoiding the crowd. They can talk without been afraid of what they are saying. The person is sure about the words he/she is using. The whole acting is different.

Why do we find it so attractive in men?Hm....I am not sure? But I guess its because if they are confident about themselves, they can be trusted(?). Meh, dont think this is what defines if a person can be trusted or not though...I am really not sure.
Ah, maybe because its easier. Easier to love, to handle, to be with. Yep...I think that might be why.

And since anyone can feel insecure about themselves, how can they find this magical aphrodisiac called "self confidence"? You can feel insecure about yourself, but that wont necessarily make you completely insecure. To be 100% confident on oneself is "too much". Its like you are thinking too great of yourself without(maaaybe) not being that great.
Anyway, you may not be self-confident on every single thing you do, but on some things you are. And those are enough to attract someone. To show people that you are a little sure about yourself.

Same goes for confidence. How can you expect someone to think good of you, if you don't even think good of yourself?I say, sometimes you need someone that thinks good about you before you can think good about yourself.
Not all are "strong" enough to love themselves just like that... Not all have confidence....Not all can like themselves.

And thats why I say that probably thats why people prefer someone self-confident. Its just easier...

SoulSeeker=]
09-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I say, sometimes you need someone that thinks good about you before you can think good about yourself.
Not all are "strong" enough to love themselves just like that... Not all have confidence....Not all can like themselves.
There's a big difference in what's needed and what's to be expected.

I have to be complete here. While it is not to be expected, it does happen every now and then. At least, that's what I myself have experienced. Then again, is what I perceive the true world? Or am I experiencing a mere reflection of it? Maybe everything I see is just an illusion instead! Butyeaah... let's not go there now... :(

Akkya
09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
;4225349']There's a big difference in what's needed and what's to be expected.

I have to be complete here. While it is not to be expected, it does happen every now and then. At least, that's what I myself have experienced. Then again, is what I perceive the true world? Or am I experiencing a mere reflection of it? Maybe everything I see is just an illusion instead! Butyeaah... let's not go there now... :(

There is. That's why once you have no, or veery few self-confidence you dont expect that. Quite the opposite. At least mostly. You will believe, trust, think that you wont ever find someone that will see anything on you.
But yeah, like you said, does happen sometimes. Why? Who knows actually. Just do. And gotta be happy it does, 'cause once you are loved, and taught about your good sides...things tend to get easier, better. Then you get your own self-confidence.
At least.....for a time/usually. Depends I guess.

SoulSeeker=]
09-24-2011, 06:19 PM
"Depends", like everything, neh? ;D

I don't think your actual confidence grows though. It's like Kamina said in the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: "If you don't believe in yourself, just believe in me, who believes in you"
You'll believe in the person who believes in you. So indirectly, you will be believing in yourself. Once the person is gone, you will notice whether the person's trust was strong enough to let you believe in yourself instead (which happens in the anime).

I myself have no idea on what I will do after the person that has faith in me now leaves. It can range from me staying confident and thinking: 'Ah well, shit happens' to thinking of everything I did wrong and, while also learning from it (have done this in the past, self reflection is veryhelpful), these things also come to haunt me. Even after I stopped giving a shit about the (possibility of the) relationship. I could also fall back into the... yeah... getting too personal here, think you already get the picture, neh?

Akkya
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
;4225470']"Depends", like everything, neh? ;D

I don't think your actual confidence grows though. It's like Kamina said in the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: "If you don't believe in yourself, just believe in me, who believes in you"
You'll believe in the person who believes in you. So indirectly, you will be believing in yourself. Once the person is gone, you will notice whether the person's trust was strong enough to let you believe in yourself instead (which happens in the anime).

Sure I get what you mean, just yeah, what if in the end, even if you trusted the person, you come to find out that you still cant have confidence on yourself?When alone.
Some people need this "support". Mostly they tend to be depressive, but thats another thing...
Some will believe in theirselves indirectly as long as they have someone believing in they, and when they are "left", they will be back to no confidence.
Suuuuure, some are able to get out of this, and in the end do build some confidence. But yeah...not all ^^"

If does come to an end, will just remember and tresure the moments someone thought I was great. But wont necessarily think that about myself. Or at least, knowing how I am stubbonr and silly, I would not accept so :P

But....I think its kinda going a little out of topic ^^"
Sorry.

marlenym
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I dont really think an ideal man or woman exits. Everyone has their flaws.

Cycona
10-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I dont really think an ideal man or woman exits. Everyone has their flaws.

true, but each one, ideal women or men does exist :2w24opk:
think about that !! :E085:

marlenym
10-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Nope, no one ever finds their exact ideal ever. So they dont exist:E5364ZHFG:

adeng
10-08-2011, 02:09 AM
It does exist in the mind of a person, even if not in reaLity. ^^ Cause the ideaL is someone who don't have any fLaws so it's impossibLe that a person like that wiLl waLk with us in this worLd. =p

Cycona
10-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Nope, no one ever finds their exact ideal ever. So they dont exist:E5364ZHFG:

think about it like this:
im the ideal man for my ideal women :2w24opk:

Akkya
10-10-2011, 07:47 AM
I think it is possible to find an Ideal Man. It depends on what you would define as one.
I don't really think it's Ideal to have a man that has no flaws. I myself would feel...bad? Because while he would be all perfect and whatnot...I would not be. So would never ever feel "sure" beside him.

And sometimes you might have an Ideal Man in mind but end up falling for someone not quite like him. Still he will be ideal for you. Or well, he will be wonderful~

Think found it :3~

GirasoleL
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I know this is like a month old now, but I saw the ideal girl thread and felt the need to contribute to a male equivalent if there was one, so here I am :) Sorry if I end up writing loads >.<

What does the ideal man look like? (How tall, proportions, amount of hair, penis size, his face, etc)

First off, I don't have a detail by detail ideal :P Nor do I have an ideal of such, I just have features on guys which I tend to find myself attractive to, so I will say those. I tend to like tall guys and in terms of build I'm not too fussy, I prefer average guys or those with a slight tummy, but I don't care if he's skinny or a tiny bit tubby either. However, I don't like muscular men, I'm just not attracted to it visually, not to mention I don't tend to like being with guys who are alot stronger than me and I like my man to feel soft, not hard. Penis size? As long as its not teeny tiny or too big, I'm not at all fussed. In terms of face, erm well a nice kind looking face is good, and nice eyes are a bonus. I tend to find that I seem to fancy guys with sightly longer hair too.

Kind of, but in the sense of when you fall in love with someone they end up becoming your ideal :) To me, my boyfriend is my ideal man, but he became my ideal man because I have those feelings for him, rather than me falling for him because he was my ideal.
It also depends what you mean by 'ideal'? Cause what I just wrote is in terms of ideal for me, but ideal in terms of what society and the media labels as ideal doesn't exist in my point of view.That and I don't confrim to their notions of ideal anyway, if I end up fancying or just in general having feelings for someone, I grow feelings for them, regardless of whether they are considered ideal by outside opinions.

Once again, not ideal of such, but personalities I tend to be attracted to are ones which don't clash with my own and don't want to be with anyone whos horrible, so of course I naturally like people who are kind, friendly and good company.Simuar world views can be of important value too, because then we can understand eash other more on issues and don't clash in terms of points of views on things.

A good life, but where he can still enjoy himself.

- What are his talents?

Anything really, whatever makes him individual. Of course intelligence is always good, I like someone who I can have a intellectual talk with sometimes. I do tend to find musicians quite hot, so I guess playing an instrument is always good :P But not a neccesity.

A guy who is unpleasant to be around, clashes with my personality, is someone who stereotypes alot, has opposing opinions to me on pretty much all issues and is arrogant.

Well, in terms of MY ideal, no he doesn't. My boyfriend didn't have to work for any type of ideal, like I said he's my ideal because he became my ideal the more I started to have feelings for him. Infact, for any other girl who's like me, guys shouldn't work toward trying to be anything, except themselevs, as in the end by being themself that is what will attract someone to you, that and each person has different tastes, so what one person's 'ideal' is, won't be the same for another. Also, if someone is trying too hard by working towards and ideal, it can actually put people off.
In terms of SOCIETAL ideals, men should NOT work towards them, as they are false and only produce bad consequences like poor self-body image and unrealistic goals, which are usually photoshopped, airbrushed and impossible.
In fact, the IDEAL is actually the REAL man. It should be known by everyone by now, what the media says half the time cannot be trusted anyway.

BurningSoul
11-10-2011, 12:48 AM
If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Rudyard Kipling

^ ^

Cycona
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

Houka
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
First I gotta say...I like ThatASS :kaiasu03:

Second thing I have to say is I APPROVE OF YOUR FACE AND BODY TYPE :bingo:

Third.. I want to say that my heart breaks for you:yociexp61: and this sounds corny but if was meant to be it would happen

Now that you know what love is, I think that you will never let it go when you find love again with someone else

Last but not least, I agree it that it is based on one's perspective...

I believe it's rare that a person meets their ideal and fall in love with them. Now a person whom you love can become your ideal. But I doubt that people have relationships with their ideal person. Because there is no guarantee that your ideal will love you back. When you have an ideal you will compare every potential mate to that ideal...

look at the definitions of ideal...

a conception of something in its perfection.
a standard of perfection or excellence.
a person or thing conceived as embodying such a conception or conforming to such a standard, and taken as a model for imitation: Thomas Jefferson was his ideal.
an ultimate object or aim of endeavor, especially one of high or noble character: He refuses to compromise any of his ideals.
something that exists only in the imagination: To achieve the ideal is almost hopeless.

especially the last one...

No real man or woman can live up to a person's ideal...

You have to love a person for who they are and not what you want them to be...or else shit is going to go to pot

Now if you mean my ideal hot guy...right now it's
Tyler Hochelin :banzai:
:banzai: he's the hottest guy on the planet at the moment
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/Tyler-Hoechlin-tyler-hoechlin-23721704-482-491.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/tumblr_lnizjuP9Fb1qm4hrdo1_500.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Teen%20Wolf%20MTV%20Series/tumblr_lq3e3etY711qm4hrdo1_500.gif

My other ideal men are ...(I say why have just one)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/6a00d83451c17f69e2012876e3c2ae970c-.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/spartacus_blood_and_sand_gallery_20.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Reference%20Pics/boris.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Random/Reference%20Pics/109229_20020513-750-117_jpgd8b0478269375fe23c0b4abeb9436b74.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Avatar/29ysd5d.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Avatar/312ahewcst_6_full.jpg

I don't know who this guy is but DAYUM gurrl, he delish :kaiasu03:

My ideal man has giant balls. Not literally, though that's okay if you're into that stuff. Guys will big bawlz are pretty rare though. It's frustrating. For example, at a bar, a girl is obviously being 'pulled' by three guys trying to pop her a roofie. Most of the times, nobody even does anything. Usually it's me. And I'd appreciate a guy with bigger balls than me so I don't have to act like a macho all the time. Ah, and then there's looks. Preferably tall and a good physique and stature overall. I have a thing for big, angular jaws. Mmhmm. Right, and I think humor is extremely important too. How did y'alls forget about that?

Daku Zetsumei
12-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Perfection is overrated.

SoniaK
12-01-2011, 06:24 PM
To me is the guy affectionate, humorous and who accepts me as I am. It need not be pretty but it should show respect for me and himself.

Polite Thug
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Yo, I am the ideal man for real.

Yaiishi
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
My ideal woman would be:
She would be about 5'5-5'6 (The reason for this is because i'm 6'3 and want to be able to feel tall xD.) I would like her to have blue eyes, and black hair that flows down to her shoulder. I would prefer the bust size to be B-C cup. Maybe she would have a nice fashion sense. To me, this is: Maybe some jeans, and a hoodie, with some glasses. As for her personality.. I would like it to be a bit shy and have a good sense of humor. Her shyness wouldn't stop her from doing sexual things with me, though.

Even though this will probably never happen to me, it's okay to dream. In all reality I really don't mind who i'm with, as long as they love me and I love them in return.

SoulSeeker=]
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
To me is the guy affectionate, humorous and who accepts me as I am. It need not be pretty but it should show respect for me and himself.
Whoa... Then they're saying WE objectify women!

Tenshi Sins
01-29-2012, 05:43 AM
;4601511']Whoa... Then they're saying WE objectify women!
Maybe she was referring to hermaphrodites too,so instead of saying "a guy who's both a girl and a guy" she prefered saying "it" including all kinds of groups men belong in.

SoulSeeker=]
01-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Maybe she was referring to hermaphrodites too,so instead of saying "a guy who's both a girl and a guy" she prefered saying "it" including all kinds of groups men belong in.
Well... I appreciate your attempt for a save... But that seems very unlikely. XD

Because you don't just include hermaphrodites like that, I think... And meh, even then, 'it' seems like a very... objectifying way of referring to a person. I gotta say, I've thought about this before, how do you refer to a hermaphrodite? Or even a halfway transsexual?

Cinconneal
02-01-2012, 05:44 AM
I read the first few pages... i gotta say... a simple thread became so nasty.... why... lol ^^
To answer questions:

As long as he is taller than me and is not completely deformed, I have no problem with his looks. Penis size huh? Well as long as it is not less than 5 inches and not too huge... I'm ok with it.
Also with body and stuff... as long as he is not anorexic or obese, anything is fine

I guess~~ since my criteria are not strict/picky at all lol

Kind, relatively generous, funny, understanding, mature, motivated/enthusiastic, intelligent, and rather romantic.

Not one where he has become a couch potato, sitting in front of TV all day or trolling online all day....having no life....
Also not on drugs or addiction of some kind.... You know what I mean ^^
A Normal life is good enough for me

- What are his virtues?
Patience, kindness and bravery.

- What are his talents?
Making me laugh counts? lol He doesn't need to have any, but if he does, that's a Plus!

Lazy, bored, unmotivated..., drug/substance/alcohol addict.... u know the rest...

Hmm since my requirements are not strict at all.... you don't really have to "work" towards it in any way....
The "real" men that don't fit my requirements... must be having the lowest life imaginable.... Even if the biggest tragedy happened to him or his family... I still hope he has the strength to stand up on his feet and be strong. Don't give up.

It's easy to be my ideal man, just stay positive and loving. Nothing more to it ^^
I believe one should not be picky and "expect" so much. Otherwise... nothing will satisfy you ^^

Siara
02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Just to join into the nitpicking here.... maybe "it" refers to sth else? :P